Some of my Sewing Projects
I have been waiting to use this windbloc: cherry red on one
side, butter yellow on the other. I made a tunic/sweater for
outerwear, for good fit I used side panel inserts under the arms.
Set-in sleeves with significant, high caps (and about 1.5"
of ease for a two-year-old-size armscye!). Underarm gussets. The
neckline is a basic high crew, I left the hem straight, and
rolled the fabric for the cuffs to show the butter yellow
I made a two-tier veil, from ivory illusion, and bound it all around with 1/16" ivory silk ribbon. It gathers it into the hairpiece which is set onto a comb. I made the hairpiece by forming milliner's wire into a rectangle, covering it with several layers of silk organza by wrapping and sewing, and then appliqueing onto it the world's most beautiful bridal trim. The trim is a row of organza flowers, each of which has a pearl in the center, interspersed with leaves encrusted with tiny pearls. I put two rows of the trim on the hairpiece and filled it out by placing additional leaves.
Note the giant zipper, innovative at the time!